September 2016 - Albourne Neighbourhood Plan Making (adoption)
On Wednesday 21st September 2016 Mid Sussex District Council resolved to ‘make’ the Albourne Neighbourhood Development Plan. The Albourne Neighbourhood Plan has been formally ‘made’ as of 22nd September 2016. The Albourne Neighbourhood Development Plan and accompanying Documents including the Environmental Report and the Neighbourhood Plan Regulation 20 Adoption Statement can be inspected, free of charge at the principal office of Mid Sussex District Council in Haywards Heath during normal office hours and are additionally available for inspection below:
- Albourne Neighbourhood Plan (September 2016)
- Albourne Neighbourhood Plan Regulation 20 Statement
- Albourne Neighbourhood Plan Sustainability Appraisal
- Albourne Neighbourhood Plan Environmental Report Adoption Statement
- Albourne Neighbourhood Plan Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Regulation 19
Albourne Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
A Neighbourhood Planning Referendum was held on Thursday 1st September 2016 where those who live within Albourne Parish were asked "Do you want Mid Sussex District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Albourne to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?" People living in Albourne voted as follows:
Turn Out Rate: 43.4%
On the 6th June 2016 Mid Sussex District Council formally accepted the Recommendations of the Independent Examiner for the Albourne Neighbourhood Plan. This decision enables a Referendum to take place on the Albourne Neighbourhood Plan.
A neighbourhood planning referendum will be held for the Albourne Neighbourhood Development Plan 2014-2031 on Thursday 1st September 2016. The question asked in the referendum will be:
“Do you want Mid Sussex District Council and the South Downs National Park Authority to use the neighbourhood plan for Albourne to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The referendum area and the area covered by the neighbourhood plan is contiguous with the Parish Council boundary as shown on this map.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on 1st September 2016.
- He or She is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum Area; and
- His or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum Area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2,395.34. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which the limit has been calculated is 565. The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
The Specified Documents are:
General Information on Neighbourhood Planning: http://www.midsussex.gov.uk/planning-licensing-building-control/planning-policy/neighbourhood-plans/
These documents can also be viewed at: Mid Sussex District Council, Oaklands, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1SS.