The development plan for the district consists of the saved policies of the Mid Sussex Local Plan (2004) and documents within the Local Development Framework. Together these guide planning and development in Mid Sussex.
Local Development Framework (LDF)
The LDF is a set of documents that contains Development Plan Documents and Supplementary Planning Documents.
Development Plan Documents (DPDs)
- District Plan
The District Plan will be the main planning document used by the Council when considering planning applications.
- Small Scale Housing Allocations DPD
Allocates small-scale housing sites to 2016 (adopted April 2008).
- Proposals Maps
Neighbourhood Plans establish general planning policies for the development and use of land in a neighbourhood area. Communities across the District are preparing Neighbourhood Plans and the following Plans have been made:
- Albourne Neighbourhood Plan
- Ardingly Neighbourhood Plan
- Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Plan
- Balcombe Neighbourhood Plan
- Bolney Neighbourhood Plan
- Burgess Hill Neighbourhood Plan
- Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan
- Crawley Down Neighbourhood Plan
- East Grinstead Neighbourhood Plan
- Hurstpierpoint and Sayers Common Neighbourhood Plan
- Lindfield and Lindfield Rural Neighbourhood Plan
- Turners Hill Neighbourhood Plan
- Twineham Neighbourhood Plan
- West Hoathly Neighbourhood Plan
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
Supplementary Planning Documents provide more detail on the policies of the existing Local Plan. In future these will provide more detail on the policies of development plan documents such as the District Plan.
- Local Development Scheme
Sets out a programme for the preparation and review of the Mid Sussex Local Development Framework.
- Statement of Community Involvement
Acts as a guide and benchmark for all Council services to use when involving communities.
- Monitoring Report
Reports progress and performance of the Local Development Framework and its policies.
- Evidence Base
Studies and evidence used to produce the Local Development Framework.
Getting involved with the Mid Sussex Local Development Framework
The LDF Consultation Page provides information on how to receive news and updates on the Mid Sussex Local Development Framework including when we will be seeking your views and how to submit them to us.