Any Charity collecting door to door, requires a House to House permit, issued by Mid Sussex District Council.
There is no fee for this permit, but a completed application form must be returned to the Licensing Team and a permit issued, before any collection takes place.
How do I apply?
Please print out the form, complete and post to the Licensing Team.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of submitting your application, please contact Licensing on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01444 477344
- You must be a fit and proper person
- Applicants must hold a waste carriers licence
- The names of the street/s or postcode sector and relevant dates in which you intend to collect must be identified on the application.
- Licences will not normally be granted for more than one week in any 4 week period
- Satisfactory returns must be lodged with the Licensing Team within 28 days of the collection ending.
Future applications will depend on satisfactory completion of these returns
- Copies of returns submitted to other local authorities may be requested as part of the application
Will Tacit Consent Apply?
No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of submitting your application, please contact Licensing on email@example.com or Tel: 01444 477344.