Transfer of Premises Licence

If you are buying a business that has an existing Premises Licence you must apply to the Licensing Authority to transfer the Premises Licence into your name or your company's name.

If you are not submitting the form electronically, the forms must be sent to the Council's Licensing Team  (plus a fee of £23) and a copy of the form sent to Sussex Police at:

Chief Officer of Police

Licensing Officer

Worthing Durrington Police Station

Centenary House

Durrington Lane


BN13 2PQ

A consent form signed by the outgoing Premises Licence Holder must accompany the transfer form.

If, whilst transferring the Premises Licence, the Designated Premises Supervisor is also changing, a separate form (application to vary a Designated Premises Supervisor) to allow this should be submitted. There is a separate fee of £23 for this.

Please note: If you are requesting a transfer of premises licence, we cannot act upon the transfer until we have received the consent form from the individual who is to become the premises supervisor.

How do I apply?

Apply Online

Paper applications

If you do not have a credit or debit card, you can print the following forms and return them to the Licensing Team, with an accompanying cheque (made payable to Mid Sussex District Council).

Please note that the Home Office have advised that there is an error on the application form to vary a premises licence to specify an individual as the designated premises supervisor.


The application to vary a premises licence to specify an individual as designated premises supervisor under the Licensing Act 2003 asks the licensee to give a copy of the form to the existing premises supervisor. The completed form contains personal information about the proposed new DPS and sharing this information would be in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998. It is sufficient for the licensee to inform the DPS that the application has been made, without the need to share the specific details of the application. A full copy of the application form must still be sent to police. The form will be amended via regulations as soon as possible to make this clear.