The duty officer is currently available.
Technical guidance is available at the Council offices from 15:00-16:30 Mon to Thurs and 15:00-16:00 Fri or otherwise by appointment.
A duty officer is available to answer technical enquiries by telephone (01444 477118) between 14:30-17:00 Mon-Thurs and 14:30-16:15 Fridays.
Guidance on some of the more common building projects is available from the links below:
- Boilers, central heating and hot water systems
- Electrical Safety First general electrical guides and advice
- Electrical installations
- Garage conversions
- Loft conversions
- Removing load-bearing wall
- Replacement windows
Useful advice and basic technical guidance is available in our Guide To Extending Your Home. More specific technical guidance is available from the links below and from the Planning Portal (including "Approved Documents").
- Guide to Access Statements
- Guide to Provision of Lifts
- Multi-foil Insulation Guidelines
- Replacement Windows and Doors Guidance
- Guide to Acoustic Testing Requirements
- Loft Conversion Part B Guidance
- Radon Gas Advice
- Detached Garages Guidance
- Conservatories Guidance
- LABC Guide to Conservatories
- RICS Raised Tie Roofs Guidance
- LABC Accessible Toilets Guide
- LABC Solar Panel Guidance
- LABC Tile and Slate Guide
- LABC Loft Conversion Guide