The Building Control Service is here to provide excellent guidance and support to achieve quality design and construction in buildings, in accordance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation. We have a number of formal partnerships with local agents and developers through the Local Authority Building Control partnership scheme, which enables us to provide important advice and plan examinations for our partners on developments throughout England and Wales.
As a client you can expect:
- A professional, accountable and excellent value service
- Pre-application advice
- Detailed checking procedures and comprehensive guidance notes issued for plans submitted for Building Regulation approval.
- Conditional approvals if required
- The use of LABC Registered Details which enable developers, architects, designers, technical specifiers and contractors to register or use existing design details to minimise the building control checking and approvals process
- Close working with other departments of the Council and the fire officer.
- Daily access to Building Control Surveyors for technical advice at the Council's offices
- 15:00-16:30 Mon to Thurs and 15:00-16:00 Fri or otherwise by appointment.
- Duty officer is available to answer technical enquiries by telephone (01444 477118)
- between 14:30-17:00 Mon-Thurs and 14:30-16:15 Fridays.
- Week day site inspections of building work
- The control of dangerous structures
- The control of demolition of buildings in excess of 49.5 cubic metres
The Building Control Service team at Mid Sussex District Council is made up of friendly, experienced and highly qualified staff who are here to provide the very best in advice, assistance and design.
The duty officer is currently available.