Work and Training Opportunities
Are you thinking what is next for you on your journey from education through to employment?
Check out 'take off' a website for young people created by young people in this area.
Are you aged between 16 and 25, unemployed, not in education or training and claiming a benefit?
Do you live in Mid Sussex?
Could you benefit from a little bit of extra support?
Then you might be eligible to meet with a Positive Placements mentor.
The Positive Placements mentoring scheme is completely voluntary and a supportive, professional relationship designed to help you focus and achieve your goals for the future. Contact Kate Coppock: Kate.Coppock@ymcadlg.org
Job and training Opportunities
- Make a start by getting an overview of the many different options open to you; work experience, volunteering, gap year travel and adventure on a government information website.
- Not sure what you would like to do or which qualifications you need to do the job? Then why not register with 'open door media' the regional training prospectus?
Are you a local business? Would you like to offer work experience places? Please visit the West Sussex County Council website to find out how to get involved.
Enterprise and Business
- Start your very own real company with the support of Young Enterprise. Real money real experience!
Often apprenticeships can be a great alternative to standard education. Benefits include on the job training while still being paid for the work that you do.
Apprenticeships bring considerable value to organisations, employers, individuals and the economy. Businesses across the country are increasingly realising the enormous benefits that Apprenticeships create, not only in terms of developing a highly skilled workforce but also by boosting productivity and staff retention.
In Mid Sussex many companies offer apprenticeships. Some are listed below;
- The Steve Willis Training Centre for Gas, Plumbing and electrical apprenticeships.
- Asphaleia Training Centre offers life skills, maths and English.
For further information please contact Sally Blackmore, Better Young Lives Co-ordinator, 01444 477057 firstname.lastname@example.org