Flooding and Drainage

Flooding cannot always be totally prevented - sometimes there will be a storm of such intensity that the river network and drainage systems will be overwhelmed.

Are you aware if your property is at risk of flooding?  What can you put in place to try and protect your home?

Even if you do not live in an area at risk of flooding there are still things you can do to protect your home from flooding due to blocked or overflowing drainage.  This is the Mid Sussex District Council Drainage leaflet, which you can click to view.

If you wish to report flooding to or from a highway, please follow this West Sussex County Council Highway Form link.