10 August 2017
Mid Sussex District Council has received over 25,000 responses to its annual Electoral Canvass by telephone, text message or online; a record number for this stage of the canvass.
Each year, everyone in the UK must confirm their electoral registration details are up-to-date by responding to the annual electoral canvass.
To encourage people to respond digitally, Mid Sussex District Council is offering residents the chance to win one of three £50 Marks and Spencer vouchers in a free prize draw if they reply to the annual electoral canvass by telephone, text message or online.
So far, a total of 40,000 residents have now responded to the annual election canvass digitally and by post, that’s 63% of Mid Sussex properties and Mid Sussex District Council is urging the remaining 37% to respond as soon as possible.
Tom Clark, Electoral Registration Officer for Mid Sussex, said:
“It’s so quick, easy and convenient to confirm your electoral registration details by telephone, text message or online. It’s also much better for the environment and there’s no chance of your form being lost in the post.
“If you haven’t yet responded to our annual election canvass, please do so as soon as possible so we can avoid the need for costly follow-up postage and doorstep visits. Entry to our free prize draw is still open so, to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Marks & Spencer voucher, please make sure you confirm your electoral registration details using our dedicated digital channels.”
Please remember that it is up to each individual to ensure that they have registered to vote. Logging details with another council department does not automatically entitle people to vote because details must be entered onto the Electoral Register separately.
For more information about registering to vote or elections contact the Mid Sussex District Council Electoral Services team by emailing email@example.com or calling 01444 477003.