Corporate Plan 2017/18
The 2017-18 Corporate Plan and Budget is available to view here.
Each Business Unit delivers a service plan each year that details how they intend to deliver the years success criteria. These service plans are available to be viewed online.
Our Priorities and Flagship Activities
The Council's four priorities are:
- Effective and responsive services
- Sustainable economic growth
- Strong and resilient communities
- Financial independence
Flagship Activities for 2017/18
Effective and responsive services
The Council wishes to build on the performance of all of its services with a particular focus on further improving customer experience. Flagship activities for 2017/18 are:
- Improving our customer service with more enquiries dealt with at the first point of contact.
- Increasingly digitising our services to make them more customer-friendly by improving efficiency.
Sustainable economic growth
The Council has an important role in supporting businesses, encouraging new ones and attracting inward investment. Flagship activities for 2017/18 are:
- Progressing the Town Centre redevelopment at Burgess Hill.
- Redevelopment of the station quarter at Haywards Heath including the opening of the new Waitrose store and also work on East Grinstead Town Centre.
- Working towards the provision of new business parks at Burgess Hill.
- Providing Economic Development grants to support business.
- Production of a new Economic Development Strategy
Strong and resilient communities
Continuing to work with partner organisations to build sustainable communities that will deliver a better quality of life for all. Flagship activities for 2017/18 are:
- Continue to support our community through grants to local organisations.
- Ensure that the “Think Family” community initiatives are delivered and supported.
- Providing an effective Wellbeing Service that helps residents to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Enable the provision of 200 new affordable homes.
- Supporting communities with new facilities and playgrounds, such as at Ansty recreation ground, Hickmans Lane, Lindfield and Finches Field, Pease Pottage.
Reduced Government financial support brings the need for robust management of budgets and maximising of income to be as financially self– sufficient as possible. Flagship activities for 2017/18 relate to the development of services and assets that will generate revenue for the Council such as:
- the delivery of improvements to the leisure centres
- extension of the green waste service to a further 2,000 users
- making best use of our land and commercial property holdings.