Looking to rent privately on the web?
- To browse available properties take a look at: Friday-ad; Rightmove; Primelocation; FindaProperty; homes24.co.uk; Zoopla; Adzuna; Propertywide; Rentmyhome
Looking to flatshare or to find a flatmate?
Advice on renting
- How to rent: the checklist on renting in England (February 2016) - latest government booklet on renting privately.
- Government advice on renting privately
- Download useful government booklets on renting privately
- Housing Benefit
- Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP)
- Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme - all deposits taken by landlords and letting agents must be protected by a government-authorised Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme. If your landlord has not protected your deposit s/he may be ordered to repay three times the amount to you and will lose the automatic right to regain possession at the end of your tenancy. See the government leaflet for landlords and the government leaflet for tenants.
- Information for private landlords