Housing Support

On this page you can find out about the kinds of supported housing available to people who need some support to live in their home and how to apply for this. You can also find out about floating support options.

Supported housing or 'housing related support' is available to people with a wide range of support needs, for example:

Housing related support enables people to live independently and assists them to secure and maintain their homes. Support can be provided either on-site in a particular supported housing scheme or as an outreach/ floating support service to people wherever they live. It can be provided to you if you are a housing association or private tenant, or if you own your own property.

Housing related support includes advice, guidance and encouragement to:

  • secure and set up a home
  • develop home management skills such as cooking and cleaning
  • access benefits, health and community care services
  • establish and maintain social support

How to apply for supported housing

If you are in need of housing as well as support and would be interested in becoming a tenant of a housing association, you need to complete a Common Housing Register application form. The easiest and quickest way to apply is to use the online form- see the link to apply for social housing using the Choice-Based Lettings page. If you would rather use a paper form these are available from the Homemove Team at Clarion Housing Tel:0300 100 0303 or e-mail mid.sussexhomemove@clarionhg.com

Along with your application to join the register you will be asked to answer questions about your need for support to help us establish the level and type of support you require when you are rehoused .

There are also a range of floating support options available to help you manage wherever you are living now or to assist you to access the housing or support that you need..

For more information on the supported housing options available, click on the individual client groups above, or contact the Council's Housing Enabling Manager on 01444 477431 or emma.shuttleworth@midsussex.gov.uk

West Sussex County Council Housing Support

For further information see their Adults looking for support page http://www.westsussex.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/how-to-get-social-care-help/