Disabled Facilities Grants
What is a Disabled Facilities Grant?
We provide grants to adapt homes in order to help disabled live more independently in their own homes. These grants can be used for;
- Building ramps a widening doors
- Installing stairlifts
- Adapting kitchens for wheelchair users
- Replacing baths with level access showers
Can I apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant?
Yes. If you are on a low income, you may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant.
Please contact Adult Care Point - Tel: 01243-642121. They will arrange an assessment by an Occupational Therapist who will:
- See if your home can be adapted to meet your needs
- Tell you how to apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant if any structural work is needed
A referral will then be made to us and we can start organising the works.
Could I move to a more suitable home instead?
Yes. Instead of having your home adapted, you may wish to consider moving to a more suitable home.
Initially, you will need to be on our common housing register. Please visit the Apply for social housing page.
Family Mosaic Here to Help team offer advice and help, please call Tel: 01273 468100 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org