Pay For It
Welcome to the Mid Sussex District Council online payments page. For further details about this service please see the information below.
Ways to pay
To pay for Council Tax, Parking (PCN's), Invoices and more click on the Pay your bills online - secure service
Pay by phone
Automated telephone payments - call: 0800 090 2910
Other ways to pay
For other ways to pay see Payment of Accounts
What services can I pay for online?
- Council Tax (9 digit account numbers commencing with a 2)
- Non Domestic Rates (8 digit account numbers commencing with a 6)
- Parking fine - Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs):
- Off-Street PCN (10 digit reference commencing with the letters MS)
- On-Street PCN (10 digit reference commencing with the letters XS)
Please note that if a Warrant has been served on you regarding this PCN, this will not discharge the fees requested by the Bailiff and the Council does not accept this as full and final payment.
- General Invoice (10 digit invoice number commencing with a 4)
- Housing Benefits Overpayments Invoice (8 digit invoice number commencing with a 3)
- Building Control Invoices
- Building Control applications and services
- Please select "Building Control" from the payment-type list and then the application/service-type from the drop-down menu.
- Enforcement Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs)
- Please select either Dog Control FPN, Nuisance Parking FPN or Depositing Litter FPN from the drop down menu.
- Leafleting without permission on land where leafleting is restricted
- Failing to provide a waste carrier licence
- Failing to provide a waste transfer notice when moving non-hazardous waste
If you have a Council Tax debt that has been passed to our bailiffs for collection, please click here to make an online payment - Rossendales Ltd
What cards can I use?
We are able to accept payment by:
- Visa Electron
We are not able to accept payment using
- American Express
- Diners Club
Is my information secure?
The Council uses a secure server to receive your payment card details. This means the transaction is encrypted between your computer and the secure server.
The address for a secure site will always begin with "https" and the padlock icon located in the address bar indicates a secure connection. On entering the secure area please ensure that you are using the official Council web site by checking the address box at the top of your screen which should be: https://www.civicaepay.co.uk/MidSussex/WebPay_Public/webpay/Default.aspx
How will I know if my payment has been successful?
When you have finished entering your card details and confirmed you want to continue with the payment there will be a short delay while your card details are validated.
If your payment is successful, a receipt will be displayed which contains a transaction reference number. If an error occurs, your payment will not be processed and a message explaining why it has failed will be displayed.
What record of the payment do I have?
Once your payment has been accepted you will be allocated a unique transaction reference number. This will appear on screen for you to print a receipt if you require.
If you enter your email address onto the receipt page when displayed, an email confirmation will be sent to you detailing the transaction. If you wish to continue with a payment, please ensure you have your card details and payment reference and go to the secure payments server
See our Online e-forms page for other services where you can also pay online.