Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) was introduced by the Government in 2010. The purpose of CIL is to raise funds from developers to help pay for infrastructure that is required to support new development across the district. The Community Infrastructure Levy will largely replace the existing system of Section 106 Planning Obligations.
Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule
The Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule sets out the charges that will have to be paid to fund new infrastructure and represents the Council’s initial proposals for the Levy for public consultation.
The Council has also published a Draft Regulation 123 List for comments alongside the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule. This is a list of infrastructure which is intended to be funded in whole or in part by the Community Infrastructure Levy. It is required for purposes of clarity and to avoid ‘double-charging’ development for the same infrastructure from other sources such as Section 106 agreements. Comments received on the Regulation 123 List would inform future revisions of this list.
Public consultation on the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule is being held for 6 weeks from 7th August 2015 to 18th September 2015. Comments can be submitted in the following ways:
• By email: LDFConsultation@midsussex.gov.uk
• By Post: CIL, Planning Policy and Economic Development, Mid Sussex District Council, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1SS
The Council will take into account the comments it receives when firming up its proposals for the Draft Charging Schedule. The Draft Charging Schedule will be subject to a further stage of consultation and examination before it can be introduced.
- Mid Sussex Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (pdf, 400kb)
- Mid Sussex Draft Regulation 123 List (pdf,130kb)
- Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule Community Involvement Plan (pdf, 310kb)
- Draft Mid Sussex Infrastructure Delivery Plan
- Mid Sussex Whole Plan & Community Infrastructure Levy Viability Assessment (pdf, 2.0mb)
- Appendix 1 – Heb Valuation Study (pdf, 1.6mb)
- Appendix 2 – Gleeds Construction Costs Study (pdf, 84kb)
- Appendix 3 - Burgess Hill Strategic Site Assessment (pdf, 276kb)
- Viability Assessments (Residential) (pdf, 1.4mb)
- Viability Assessments (Commercial) (pdf, 1.2mb)
Printed copies of all documentation are available for inspection at all Town and Parish Council offices, public libraries and help-points in Mid Sussex; and at the Mid Sussex District Council offices
The Community Infrastructure Levy timetable is set out in the Local Development Scheme
Contact: Planning Policy
Telephone: 01444 - 477053