This is how it is done
Every household has two wheelie bins:
- the recycling bin is grey with a blue lid
- the rubbish bin is grey with a grey lid
One bin is emptied one week, the other on the following week.
- What do I put in my bins? pdf 928kbs
- When is my collection day? - type in your postcode
- Missed bin collection service
- Where is my local household waste recycling site? - recycling centres in Burgess Hill and East Grinstead, mobile waste collections across the District.
- Garden Waste Kerbside Collection - collections for an annual subscription, please note there is currently a waiting list for this service.
- Bulky household waste - collection from your home for a fee of things such as beds, fridges, bicycles, microwaves etc
- Assisted collections - for residents who need help putting their bin out for collection
- Abandoned vehicles - report an abandoned vehicle
- Street Sweeping - report a road that needs cleaning
- Fly Tipping - report fly tipping
- Recycle for West Sussex - find out how our waste is recycled and what is happening across West Sussex.
- Wastebuster - waste education programme provided free to all Mid Sussex primary schools.
- Mobile Civic Amenity Collections across Mid Sussex April 2014 - March 2015 (PDF 42kb)
Pledge for Plastics - Mid Sussex District Council, as part of the West Sussex Waste Partnership, is supporting the Pledge4Plastics national campaign. Please take the pledge for plastics and recycle one more plastic bottle every week!
Contact the Waste and Recycling Team
Telephone Customer Contact Centre - 01444 477440
Secure General Enquiry Form
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org