This is how it is done
Every household has two wheelie bins:
- the recycling bin is grey with a blue lid
- the rubbish bin is grey with a grey lid
One bin is emptied one week, the other on the following week.
- What do I put in my bins? pdf 928kbs
- When is my collection day? - type in your postcode
- Missed bin collection service
- Where is my local household waste recycling site? - recycling centres in Burgess Hill and East Grinstead, mobile waste collections across the District.
- Garden Waste Kerbside Collection - collections for an annual subscription, please note there is currently a waiting list for this service.
- Christmas Information - changes to collections and real Christmas tree collections.
- Bulky household waste - collection from your home for a fee of things such as beds, fridges, bicycles, microwaves etc
- Assisted collections - for residents who need help putting their bin out for collection
- Abandoned vehicles - report an abandoned vehicle
- Street Sweeping - report a road that needs cleaning
- Fly Tipping - report fly tipping
- Recycle for West Sussex - find out how our waste is recycled at recycleforwestsussex.org .
- Rubbish & Recycling Service Leaflet 6 page (pdf 870kb)
- Garden Waste Bin printer friendly application form (pdf 260kb)
- Online Bulky Waste Collection Form (non-electrical items)
- Online Electrical Item Collection Form
- Bulky Waste Collection form (pdf 52kb) print out and send in
- Find your collection day
- Recycle for West Sussex - what's happening County wide
- Upstairs downstairs where do you recycle? (pdf 917kb) leaflet about recycling in your bathroom
- Compost retail outlets(pdf 8kb)
- Mobile Civic Amenity Collections across Mid Sussex April 13 - March 14 (PDF41kb)
- Wastebuster - waste education programme provided free to all Mid Sussex primary schools
Refuse & Recycling Team 01444 477440 or use our secure General Enquiry Form () to contact us with any queries you may have.
Mid Sussex District Council