Transport Direct is unique in that you can:
- Compare train/coach journeys with car journeys to make sure you travel in the most efficient way
- Find the quickest car route that takes into account predicted traffic levels at different times of the day so that you can make informed decisions about when to travel
- Find fares for train and coach journeys
- Buy train and coach tickets from our affiliated retail sites without having to re-enter your details
- Check ‘Live travel’ information on the live departure boards for all 2500 national rail stations
Transport Direct works together with both public and private travel operators and local/national government. Transport Direct is operated by a consortium, led by Atos Origin. The non-profit service is funded by the UK Department for Transport, the Welsh Assembly Government and the Scottish Executive.
The Highways Agency, Traffic Wales, NADICS and the rail, coach and bus operators provide information to Transport Direct either directly or through our partner, “traveline” who operate public transport telephone and Internet services.